What are the benefits of sports massage on the body?
- Muscular system – helps release the soft tissue tightness, realign scar tissue, helps to reduce muscular spasms
- Lymphatic system – massage can help increase movement of fluid through out the body.
- Nervous system – can help increase endorphins, along with increasing the sensory receptors.
- Skeletal system – reducing soft tissue tension allows the increase of mobility, helping to reduce the stress on joints.
- Cardiovascular system – increases blood flow to the soft tissues, helping to remove waste products and increase oxygen and nutrients to those areas.
Sports massage is very beneficial for anybody at any time in their training regime, pre-event, post-event or at any time inbetween.
A pre-event massage would focus on preparation for an event, creating a sense of readiness. It should be performed at an up-tempo pace. It should be used in conjunction with a person’s warm-up as it can increase circulation, help to relax muscle and help joints be more flexible for the event. It’s used to assess and treat any niggles felt.
A post-event massage is focused on recovery. The tempo tends to be a lot slower compared to pre-event massage. Post event massage will help increase circulation helping to reduce muscular tension. The massage will help flush waste products and toxins out from the muscle which will reduce the chance of DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).
Sports massage works at its best when in a regular routine as it help keep muscular tension and imbalances at bay.
Sports Massage Appointments – Contact Function Jigsaw Leicester
We are based in Wigston, Leicester. For more information and booking, please call our receptionist today to book a sports Massage appointment on (0116) 3400 255.